Thursday, July 19, 2007

IM training guide

hi,
I read the "Real-Time Virtual Reference Training Guide" that is posted on the AOK page. I found the information presented in the Scope of Service and Communication in Real-Time Virtual Reference Services sections to be very informative. Will we have some sort of a policy document to refer to that is IWU specific? I think this document raised some good questions for us to think about. I also think it would be helpful to have written policies to ensure that we are offering service in a consistent manner, and to help new librarians get up-to-speed in the future.

Lynda

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We are continuing to work with Kathleen Kern at the U of I to further develop or own services and should have more information to share on this shortly.

~Sarah