Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cool idea for IL

I thought this was pretty interesting and the idea could be applied to different disciplines...
-----
In the spirit of national celebration, I am declaring Fantasy Sports as the official national sport of librarians. That's right, since I'm not aware of any other "National Librarian Sport" I'm declaring Fantasy Sports (ie. fantasy baseball, fantasy football) the official national sport. On what authority you may ask? None. None what-so-ever. But...

Fantasy Sports require:

  • Strong research skills
  • Excellent use of information literacy
  • Critical thinking abilities
  • Social communication
  • No physical qualifications
[more at the link...]

http://researchquest.blogspot.com/2007/07/national-librarian-sport-declared.html

1 comment:

Paul said...

Thanks for the link. I would be happy to discuss the IL sessions on fantasy sports in more detail if you would be interested.

Paul Waelchli
Research Quest